Well we certainly think so, especially if you are coming from one of the southern states where the nights just got darker and the day-time temperatures have dropped.
We are a little spoilt in the Whitsundays at this time of the year. Day-time temperatures barely get below 25 degrees and only just below 20 at night, so a light jumper and a pair of jeans might be needed. Contrast this with the single digit temperatures in Sydney and Melbourne at this time of year and you can see why the Whitsundays is an incredibly popular event destination during winter.
Here are 5 good reasons why we think winter is a great time to host your next event:
- As long as you avoid the July/ September school holidays, you will be guaranteed to secure a great accommodation deal at this time of year. From caravan parks to luxury apartments Airlie Beach has accommodation to suit every budget. We recommend browsing what is available on the Tourism Whitsunday website – https://www.tourismwhitsundays.com.au/accommodation
- The water temperature is still above 20 degrees. For Tasmanian’s the water in winter in the Whitsundays is positively tropical, for locals it is arctic! For most visitors it is certainly an improvement on the water in their home state, which is generally to be avoided at this time of year without a dry suit. Whether it be a dip in the ocean or a splash in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, don’t forget to bring the swimmers.
- Clear skies and light winds are prevalent in winter, so the perfect weather conditions for getting out on the water by boat to explore the 74 Whitsunday islands. Day tours and overnight trips depart 365 days of the year from our home at Abell Point Marina, there is no winter season in the Whitsundays!
- It’s WHALE time! From the start of June, we see the annual migration of the Humpback whales as they head to the warm waters of the Whitsundays to give berth to their young. If you are lucky enough for a whale encounter it is a truly life-changing experience.
- Sunsets – the sun in winter sets a lot lower in the sky and earlier so we get the most incredible orange and pink hues as the sun goes down. Our favourite sunset spot?? The balcony at Lure obviously, with superyachts in the background and the islands on the horizon it cannot be beaten!
So if you are looking at a winter event, contact team Lure to see how we can tailor the perfect event for you!
Share this Post