November is calling and the time for fabulous outfits, funky fascinators and quirky hats is upon us yet again. Melbourne Cup day is the event of the spring calendar for all the ladies across the country. Regardless if you are in a corporate box at Flemington, sipping on champagne or enjoying the atmosphere track-side at the Bowen races, you will need a fabulous outfit.
The Whitsundays is awash with great little boutiques offering unique clothing, which will be just perfect for Melbourne Cup day. The best part of this is the Melbourne Cup outfit can double as the perfect outfit for your best friend’s wedding in a few months’ time, just dress it up with different accessories and nobody will be any the wiser.
Below is our recommendation of Whitsunday boutiques, which are worth a visit when searching for that perfect outfit.
- Lotus Boutique – located on the main street in Airlie Beach this popular boutique has a range of beautiful dresses from some popular Australian labels. Whether you are going boho and beautiful or classic sophistication you will find a great range of gorgeous outfits perfect for the races.
- Airlywood – catering for all ages, Airlywood is a popular newcomer to the Whitsunday scene. Located in the middle of the main street in Airlie Beach, cotton kaftans to structured shift dresses are available for all shapes and sizes. With a great range of jewelry and accessories as well, Airlywood have everything a girl will need.
- Court & Spark – the newly renovated Court & Spark caters for the younger market and stocks a range of classic pieces which when teamed with the perfect accessory make for a stunning outfit. Soft earthy tones, cute clutches and stylish sandals are plentiful in this boutique – definitely worth a look!
- Paya – located at the Shingley Beach resort, Paya caters for the high-end designer customer. With a vast range of quality Australian and international brands, if you are looking for a sophisticated, timeless piece, then Paya is the place to shop.
- Ginger & Blonde Co – new to Proserpine is this gorgeous boutique with a quality range of dress and separates perfect for a day at the races. This boutique has a nice range of accessories also, which will finish even the simplest of outfits. Worth the drive to Proserpine to give this one a try.
With all fabulous outfits, a girl needs a fabulous headpiece. Divalicious Fascinators produce just that – see featured image for their stunning work! For sale at Lotus boutique and via their website, you simply must invest in one of these headpieces to finish off your race day outfit.
Hemingway’s Restaurant in the marina have an incredible Melbourne Cup event planned – book your tickets now!
Alternatively, contact us about booking Lure for a private function and celebrate Melbourne Cup in style.
Image: Summer Rain Mulvery | Styling: Divalicious Fascinators