Lure at Abell Point Marina is setting a fresh, contemporary standard for weddings, conferences and events in the Whitsundays. Lure is nestled in the heart of award-winning Abell Point Marina and offers the most refined venue in the Whitsundays. With unrivalled waterfront views over the Whitsunday islands and the Coral Sea from the expansive waterfront balcony, it is clear how Lure is the venue of choice in Airlie Beach, Queensland.
- Thank you to Paul and yourself for hosting our function last week at Lure.
The Venue was clean, well presented and the magnificent views over the marina are amazing. Nathan Sharpe our guest speaker was blown away by the venue. I am sure he has seen his fair share of venues so well done! Hopefully you can fit us in again next year for another function.
David Wilson, August 2018
- Lure is a fantastic venue. We have held the Whitsunday Writers Festival there for the past two years and, as well as the beautiful space inside, there’s also the fabulous break-out space of the balcony outside, with stunning views. We loved everything about working with the fantastic team at Lure, thank you.
Deborah Friend, April 2018
- Amazing views, excellent venue in the heart of the Whitsundays. Impeccable food, service and outstanding bathrooms. Yes check out the bathrooms!!
We attended a large event and everything was perfect, incredible considering the number of guests! Everything was flawless and impeccable.
Sharon McNally, April 2018
- Lure is one of the best venues in the Whitsundays. For many reasons too! Not only does it have that amazing view, but the owner and staff also go over and above to ensure the marina property is first class at every turn. The attention to detail in the architecture makes for a real wow factor when you get there, and the customer service will keep you wowed during your stay.
I would recommend this space for any event or function with no hesitation.
Keep up the great work!
Brooke Ogden, April 2018
- Lure was our Race Office for the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race’s two stopovers in Airlie Beach, and we loved it!
Not only is it the most impressive race office setting on our world tour (have you seen that view? It’s even better in real life) but the staff are highly professional and nothing is too much trouble for them. Thank you to Dawn, who runs the events at Lure, as well as all the Abell Point Marina team, including Paul, Luke, Joscelyn, Ross, Trent – world class service.
As well as the view and the team, the facilities are A*. Everything is brand new and included stylish, contemporary decor, a bar, full professional kitchen and THE best bathrooms ever. Wanted to live in them. During our time there we used it as a daily office and hosted crew events, briefings, meetings and even our Prize Giving event. You won’t be disappointed.
Julia Fry, April 2018
With a contemporary nautical influenced interior design and multiple break-out areas, this elegant venue holds the capacity for a large weddings or conferences, as well as intimate destination weddings, business workshops, meetings or private events.
The transition between venue spaces is seamless with a striking mariner’s compass providing the focal point for the venue in front of the Compass bar.
Offering direct access to a wealth of leisure activities within the marina precinct, Lure also has a prime location a short distance from a range of ocean-front accommodation options. At Lure, Abell Point Marina we make sure yours is always the main event!
If the Whitsundays is your chosen destination, you won’t find a more authentic ocean-inspired venue which suits all your needs.
The experienced team at Lure have a wealth knowledge and a strong customer focus, so allow them to assist with tailoring your wedding, conference or event to ensure a memorable experience for both you and your guests.
Imagine an unforgettable waterfront experience…. Lure, Abell Point Marina offers a touch of pure Whitsunday paradise.
Proud winners of